The purpose of the Community Endowment is to improve the quality of life for residents of the CACF service area, which includes the City of Charlottesville and the surrounding counties of Albemarle, Buckingham, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Nelson and Orange.
Grant proposals in support of better healthcare, human services, community enrichment, education, arts and culture, the environment, or other critical needs are particularly encouraged.
Beginning in 2010, the Charlottesville Area Community Foundation expanded its long-standing program of grants from the CACF Community Endowment. With the generous addition of unrestricted resources from the Batten Family Fund, the Community Endowment will now offer grants to area nonprofits and public agencies as outlined below.
Larger grants - $10,000 or more, up to a maximum of $100,000.
● Each April, CACF will review letters of inquiry that propose large grants ranging between $10,000 and $100,000.
● Staff and committee members will select a limited number of finalists for further review, making funding recommendations to the Governing Board for decisions in early June.
● More than $250,000 is expected to be available for such grants each year.
● The deadline for submitting a letter of inquiry is April 1.
Smaller grants - $10,000 or less.
● Each October, CACF will review letters of inquiry that propose grants of less than $10,000.
● Staff and committee members will collect further information as needed, making funding recommendations to the Governing Board for decisions in early December.
● About $250,000 is expected to be available for these grants each year.
● The deadline for submitting letters of inquiry is October 1.
You must submit all documents in one single PDF file for both LOI submission and submission of a full proposal. Please use the links to the Documents on the right hand side to access Community Endowment grant-related forms:
● Guidelines for the submission of letters of inquiry.
● Guidelines for submission of full proposals (by invitation only).
● Letter of Inquiry cover sheet.
● Project budget form.
● Grant reporting form for current grantees.